Saturday, August 2, 2008

1st 2 hour class

Ok last night was my first 2 hour MMA class. We started with about a half hour of ab work outs. Some pretty tough excercises but i'm sure I needed them. After the workout we split into our separate teams, newer guys and the more experienced ones. We went through about an hour of different moves, all on the ground, working some arm bars and stuff. The last half hour was all sparring, we lined up to fight the guy across from us, everyone had MMA gloves so we all started on our feet and fought for 3 minutes. Most of the guys I fought would throw a few punches and would then go for a takedown, the last fight was a 5 minute match and the guy I fought stood with me the whole time. We both landed some pretty nice punches and legkicks. I think our trainer realized that we need more striking training so this next coming week we'll be working more on that. It was a blast, even though I left with a bruise above my right eye, but I'm sure it'll happen more and more. MMA is a blast!!

No comments: