Friday, August 15, 2008

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Went to a BJJ class last night, hour long white belt class. We started with some light cardio then went into some moves from the side guard, including a nice arm bar. BJJ is a must when thinking about MMA, a lot of people in my MMA class take Muay Thai and boxing which is great but when they get on the ground they are clueless. I really think anyone interested in MMA should really be training BJJ and Chuck Liddell will tell you that himself, (Jeremy Horn). There is an Army Combatives Tournament coming up here at Fort Knox in a couple weeks, I'm defiantly going to be signing up, the first rounds are all on the ground submission and the finals are in a cage MMA rules. Its gonna be great to watch and even better to get to participate in this awesome event. Pictures will be posted.

One a side note, would also like to add that I finally purchased a Gi last night, and let me tell you it.....really made things worse. Its really hot, and does not breathe well. I burned up from the light cardio and was really sucking wind after rolling with a couple guys. Hopefully after a couple washes its not as bad.

No comments: