Friday, August 1, 2008

MMA Class

I just want to talk a little bit about my MMA classes. I've been going to a lot of the beginner classes to just get a little more familiar with everything. Like most of the other classes we start out with a workout, in MMA is more stretching than an actual workout. I know some of the guys show up an hour or two early and do cardio, I can't right now because of my schedule. After the stretching the class splits up and the newer guys work with one trainer and the more experienced guys work with another trainer. In the beginning we start out with some escapes from the mount or guard then we work a couple submissions. Next we roll, we all line up against the wall and split in half , half the group goes against the opposite wall and we face the guy across from us, then we roll, in MMA class we simulate punches, so most of us wear our padded MMA gloves, we start out on our knees, generally shake hands and start, we go until the time is called, usually 2-3 minutes. In my last class after rolling with about 3-4 opponents we started an elimination tournament, everyone was fighting at once and if you tapped out of the coach stopped the fight because of strikes you sit out and if you won you waited for the next guy to win, then you rolled with them. This made the rolling experience a lot more fun and exciting. The guy that won the 3 fights...well it was his first night there, it was pretty impressive, he was really fast and knew what he was doing. Its a lot of fun and I have another MMA class tonight so I'll be posting about that later tonight.

No comments: