Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Monday Nights Class

Last night I attended Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for an hour, we worked on escapting the mount. Basically pull one of your opponents arms toward you to throw them off balance and then throw your hips and and roll towards the arm you have pinned down. It puts them off balance and actually works pretty well. I didn't get a chance to use it in my Jiu-Jitsu class because everyone was expecting it, but after BJJ I stayed for MMA and was able to pull it off a few times while rolling. In my MMA class we started out with a 30 minute really intense workout, I was already dead tired from rolling in BJJ. In MMA we worked an arm bar from behind. Seatbelt your opponent and with the opposite elbow use it to push their head down as you are rolling your leg over their head for the arm bar. Works pretty nice but I've not come across a fight where I'll just be sitting behind the opponent like that. Anyway great class!! Something else I'm gonna start adding to this blog is Youtube video clips of all the moves I'm talking about, I've been browsing Youtube and pretty much every move you could think of there is a video for. So when I get home today from work I'll start working on that.

**UPDATE**
Youtube Videos of the moves I mentioned
- Arm bar from back control
- Escaping the Mount with bridge and roll

No comments: