Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting back in shape

Letting yourself get out of shape is super easy, especially when you are in a unit that tells you to do your own pt. A select few might do something but most don't do anything, I am one of the guys who don't do anything. A few weeks ago I had to take a pt test, I passed but barely and I'm going to take another one in next week. This week I'm going to be running everyday and going to class everyday. I'm trying to not only get ready for the pt test but get ready for the Fort Knox 3rd Annual Combatives tournament. I'm gonna be hitting up as many Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu classes as I possibly can. It'll be fun. I'm trying to get my neighbor to join the tournament with me, it will be fun for him and will give me a sparring partner for when I'm not in class. I don't expect to hop in the tournament and win against guys that have been doing it for years, but I love to fight and if I don't at least try to win I'll hate myself. Check back later as I'll be talking more about techniques. If anyone has any BJJ tricks they like to use please comment them here. I would love to hear back from you guys.

No comments: